One of the biggest struggles we face today is finding the right choice for the health of our skin. Agreed, there are various creams, lotions, oils, and gels that are recommended to heal our skin and reveal the beauty that lies within.
But, sometimes, even the best skin care products with multiple star ratings fail to produce results.
In this article, we bring you some of the best skin care products that we bet you never knew about, the best natural skin care products and some of the best skin care brands you can trust.
The Top Five Newcomers
You’ve blamed yourself enough for getting it wrong with certain products. It’s time to try something new. Do try the following skin care products that you’ve probably not known of until now:
- Origins Maskimiser Skin Optimizing Mask Primer: This product is an excellent addition to your skin care kit. Given the ever prevalent method of applying DIY masks at home, you must ensure that you apply this primer prior to applying the mask. The benefits of using this primer are many.
The primer makes way for the mask to act better by cleansing and hydrating the surface of the skin. Usage of this product has resulted in reduced redness and itchiness post application of masks.
- Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner: The alcohol content in this product is an issue for some people; however, users do believe that this product is effective as the alcohol vaporizes away and no toxic substances are released into the skin. This is a great toner to include in your daily regimen.
It is useful in removing make up and cleansing the pores. However, as the product contains certain fragrant ingredients that may give out oils that do not suit your skin, some may have allergic reactions.
- Renewed Hope in a Jar Eye Cream: This wonderful cream is brought to you by Philosophy. This brand is known for its range of cosmetics. In particular, this cream contains the best and safest ingredients suited for your daily skin care routine.
The product is convenient to use. It has a pleasant smell, is lightweight and sinks into the skin effortlessly. It is also a great exfoliant and moisturiser. Consistent usage of this cream has led to blemish free, youthful-looking skin.
- Naruko Tea Tree Oil Night Gelly: Naruko is a Malaysian company in the business of making natural skin care products. This gel-cum-cream is a product that will help you overcome the signs of ageing without damaging your skin further. The tea tree oil content fights the bacteria and clears the skin from within.
A lot of people with dry skin have found differences in their skin post usage of this jelly. Given that it is so natural, there is no risk of further damage to the skin. Moreover, it cools down the skin and leaves it looking fresh.
- Dermefface FX7 Scar Reduction Therapy: Skinception, a popular name in the realm of skin rejuvenation products, developed this cream. Dermefface FX7 is a product that helps maintain the natural collagen in the skin and helps firming. Acting deeply, it repairs the skin upon daily application.
Repairing the skin is a lengthy process. A good product may sometimes take more time to show visible results, but it is proven to have repaired the skin in good time. Patience is sure to be rewarded in the case of this product.
The Seven Best Skincare Products You Can Find at Home
A lot goes into picking the right and safest skin care product. You will be surprised to learn that some of the organic items that you find at home make for the best skincare products. From homemade scrubs to peels, there are various ways in which you can redeem your skin naturally.
Natural ingredients not only repair your skin, but also enrich it with the requisite nutrients to prevent further damage. Given below are some of the best natural skin care products that you will be able to find in most households.
You may use these as DIY packs. Alternatively, you can even spot the brands that specialize in products with natural ingredients like these, such as FabIndia, Biotique,Dr. Hauschka, Suki, and Grown Alchemist. Natural ingredients are incorporated in all forms of skincare products including toners, lotions, creams, moisturizers, and bathing bars.
Here are some natural ingredients to look for and use when treating your skin:
- Aloe Vera: The aloe vera plant is an amazing coolant. The gel from the plant is good not only for the skin, but also for the hair. Aloe vera is all benefits rolled into one item; it cleanses, soothes, exfoliates, and hydrates. It is easy to grow and is available widely.
You can add aloe vera extracts to your face pack or even use it as a face wash gel. You can even apply it simply on the skin to obtain relief from dryness or irritated skin. It is slightly sticky and is therefore a little cumbersome. But it repairs the skin considerably.
- Sandal or Sandalwood: Sandal is one of the best naturally available antiseptics that comes in several forms, from a powder or paste, to an essential oil or lotion. For years, before the chemical revolution came into play, sandal has been used to treat skin problems. It is a soothing product which causes the bacteria in the skin to die, giving way to clear, blemish-free skin.
You can apply sandal paste as it is on your face and neck and wash it off once it has dried, for radiant skin. Sandal is also effective against tanning and sun spots. Consistent use of sandal in your skin care can lighten the tone of your skin over time.
- Chick Pea Flour: Gram flour or chick pea flour is a great ingredient for your skin care pack. It has natural properties to remove tans, extract excess oil, and fights pimples. Combining chick pea flour with other great natural products like yoghurt and milk can give you a lovely face pack. Chick pea also helps get rid of unwanted facial hair.
Chick pea flour leaves the skin smooth and clear with just one use. It is a little inconvenient to apply, given the time it takes to dry. However, the results are worth the trouble.
- Yogurt: The lactic acid present in yogurt dissolves dead skin cells and exfoliates the skin well. Experts have found that yogurt is amazing for fighting acne and providing relief from sunburns. It is also useful in preventing premature aging.
You can apply yogurt as it is, or as a face pack with other natural ingredients like chick pea flour, honey, and rose petals. Again, because it is a wet pack, most people give up on it owing to the time it takes to apply the pack and wash it off. You’re guaranteed soft, supple skin if you’re ready to use yogurt religiously.
- Neem: Neem leaves are supremely rich in antiseptic properties that will help you keep your body clean. It is a natural toner, exfoliant and moisturiser, and works wonders on acne-prone skin. Neem is especially effective for people with dry skin.
Neem can be consumed orally along with boiled water, or applied externally in the form of a face pack, or added to hot water while bathing. Both methods lead to deep cleansing of the skin. You can even apply neem on your skin if you feel itchiness or your skin reddens due to some irritation.
Lemon:This is probably the simplest item in terms of affordability and availability that can help you more than you can imagine. With the acidic content, lemon is a natural skin cleanser. Added together with other ingredients like sugar, for instance, lemon can produce astounding results on your skin.
Lemon can be the base for plenty of other face packs. Most people love using lemon in their skin care regimen as it has properties to bleach and lighten the skin. It is also effective in removing blackheads and unwanted facial hair without leaving pores. Lemon is also amazing for your lips.
- Arrowroot Powder: Arrowroot has been used in the treatment of ghastly skin diseases like small pox and gangrene. It is also an ingredient in skincare products that cater to babies and children. Though it is mild and gentle, yet it benefits the skin immensely with the nutrients present therein.
Arrowroot is applied topically to heal blemishes, sores and other external wounds. Arrowroot starch is contained in some moisturisers and lotions. This helps regulate the balance of moisture in your skin and ensures that it receives the right amount of hydration. Regular use will result in softer, smoother skin, like that of babies.
10 Best Skin Care Brands You Should Check Out
Many cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies across the world have invested a hefty sum, innumerable hours and tonnes of hard work into creating world class skincare products. Based on consumer reports,the following are some of the best skin care brands that you should consider being loyal to:
Olay: Skincare products bearing the brand name Olay are brought to you by P&G, which is one of the most sought after companies in the world in the realm of personal care products. A lot of women from around the world swear by the moisturizing lotions and creams made by Olay.
Signature Product: Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum. Dermatologists recommend this product for the innovative choice of ingredients and good value for money. Its ability to firm the skin makes it a great product.
- L’Oreal:A Paris-based company, L’Oreal has been the world’s favorite for some time now. In addition to the cosmetics line, its massive line of skincare products suited for every skin type and different skin problems make it a leading name. The company offers both naturally and chemically prepared solutions which are safe.
Signature Product: L’Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Youth Code Youth Booster Serum. A very small quantity of this serum provides an instant glow. Regular application of this product has proven to reveal satin smooth skin.
- Lancôme: Originally another French company,but now owned by L’Oreal, Lancôme has been around for more than 80 years. It is a trusted and loved brand amongst celebrities. It’s famous for its range of skin friendly lipsticks and nail paints. Lancôme also boasts of an array of various skin healing products.
Signature Product: Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum. This serum is known to provide excellent results within a short span of time. It leaves the skin looking radiant, fresh, and youthful.
Shiseido: This is a Japanese company which is known for its range of skincare products suited for UV protection and skin whitening. Shiseido, which originated about 140 years ago, is one of the oldest brands in skin care. Even today, there are almost no negative reviews for products by this company.
Signature Product: Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream. A lot of women find this product working miracles on the wrinkles below their eyes. It’s also a great hydrating cream.
- Arden Ceramide: Elizabeth Arden is a big name in itself in the line of perfumes and cosmetics. In the USA and Europe, Arden’s skincare range has also gained popularity. Going by the reviews, Arden Ceramide has the distinction of putting out the best anti-aging skin care products in the innovative form of capsules.
Signature Product: Ceramide Capsules Youth Restoring Serum Set. The capsules possess properties to regulate the collagen in the skin and stunt ageing signs. Users love the fact that this product is convenient to use.
- Anew:Brought to you by a leading American cosmetic company Avon, Anew is an exclusive line that caters to skin repair and revitalizing. It is one of the most affordable brands of skincare products and is easily available in most places; however, it is well known for the quality of its products, too.
Signature Product: A new Vitale Night Cream. It fights signs of ageing and its usage leads to soft, glowing skin. Owing to its high effectiveness, women see it is a miracle in a jar.
- Seventh Generation: This brand of skin care products is reputed for its zero-chemicals policy. It is a huge hit amongst the younger generations for the anti-pimple products it brings out. Products by Seventh Generation are also famous for the short time that they take in yielding positive results.
Signature Product: Seventh Generation Boost Firming Skin Serum. The non-greasy feel of the serum and its hydrating qualities set it apart from a lot of other daily use products. It also makes a good base for makeup.
- Clinique: In this women-centric industry, menfolk are often left behind. However, this brand makes the best skin care products for men. Clinique is based out of the USA and caters to the younger crowd all over Europe, Asia and America. By introducing novel products like anti-bacterial make up brushes, Clinique has created a big name.
Signature Product: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. For its ability to provide results on different skin types, it’s favored by a lot of people. Though it doesn’t have the best smell, it dries up quickly and hydrates.
Neutrogena: Neutrogena is a newer brand to make it big. Their products contain essential nutrients that penetrate the skin to provide best results and nutrition. For these qualities, a bunch of products under the brand name of Neutrogena are acknowledged as the best skin care products of 2015.
Signature Product: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50. Despite its creamy texture, the skin absorbs it easily. Its blocks effectively against the sun and its effects last long.
- MD Complete: MD Complete was established to make products that provide dermatologist-level results without prescriptions. In its efforts to provide skin treatment rather than cosmetic enhancement, this brand makes some of the best skin care products for acne.It’s also sought after for its anti-ageing products.
Signature Product: MD Complete Skin Clearing Non-Irritating Pro Peel. Unlike many other peels, this one does not lead to excessive peeling of the skin. It helps clear the pores without dehydrating the skin.
Skin care is a continuous process, and therefore, if you pick the wrong method, you’re doomed. If you’re confused about where to start your skin treatment regimen, the above lists will give you a fair idea. Explore all your options in theory before you decide what you want to go for.
There are many reviews that will tell you about the best skin care products that are available at your disposal, both rare and common. At the end of the day, however, you must take your pick only after due consideration to factors like your skin type and the result you seek.