The most distressing condition that many people of all ages deal with is acne. For those who are suffering from acne understand that even after the acne has healed, scars form on the skin that take months to go away.
Acne scars may take a long time to disappear if not treated early, but treating them with chemicals usually makes the condition worse, including causing your acne to flare up again.
Using a natural face mask for acne scars is highly effective as it uses natural ingredients that are much more reliable than chemical topical treatments.
Another great thing is that this natural treatment is budget-friendly, as you can find most of the ingredients in your kitchen cabinets.
Why Is Yogurt An Effective Ingredient For Face Mask For Acne Scars?
Yogurt is one of the most popularly used ingredients in face masks for acne scars since it is full of all the goodness needed for clearing acne and scars.
Eating yogurt is just as important as applying it topically because it is rich in several nutrients, minerals and vitamins that work wonders for your skin.
Yogurt is acidic in nature and helps to eradicate excessive oil, dirt and toxins from the skin. It is an antibiotic agent and thus effectively cleanses the skin and blocks the activity of the bacteria that cause inflammation.
Recipe For Yogurt Acne Face Mask
Yogurt effectively fades acne scars while improving the texture and fullness of the skin. To prepare a face mask for acne scars, it is recommended that you use organic yogurt. You can also use homemade yogurt for preparing a face mask. People with oily skin should only use low-fat yogurt while those with dry skin can use full-fat yogurt.
There are many ways to prepare a yogurt face mask for acne scars. 4 most widely-used and effective homemade acne face mask recipes are discussed below:
- Yogurt And Oatmeal: Oatmeal exfoliates the top layers of the skin and helps to fade stubborn acne scars. It also reduces inflammation and redness. It calms the skin by decreasing the production of inflammatory chemicals. The polysaccharides and healthy fats contained in oatmeal help to soften, repair and rejuvenate the skin. Yogurt and oatmeal are excellent in combination for preparing natural face masks for acne scars. This mask works great for people with sensitive skin. To prepare this mask, you need two tablespoons of crushed oats mixed with equal amounts of yogurt. You can add a few drops of lemon for extra cleansing effect.
- Yogurt And Honey: Honey is a natural treatment that has been used for hundreds of years in order to fade acne scars. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of honey make it effective in fighting off bacterial infections and preventing the skin from becoming inflamed. It is a detoxifying agent and significantly softens scar tissue and lightens acne scars when used in combination with yogurt. You can easily prepare this face mask for acne scars at home by combining a tablespoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of honey. If honey is too sticky, you can warm it before adding to the yogurt.
- Yogurt and Strawberries: This is the best homemade face mask for acne scars. Strawberries are packed with natural salicylic acid, which is highly beneficial for clearing dark spots, blemishes and acne scars. Salicylic acid is found in numerous over-the-counter topical acne treatments. Strawberries cleanse the skin deeply and clear acne and blackheads. Making a yogurt and strawberry face mask for acne scars is very easy. All you need to do is to take equal amounts of yogurt and strawberry and grind them together to form a paste.
- Yogurt and Egg: The homemade yogurt and egg mask may just be the perfect cure for treating your rough and patchy skin with large pores and acne. Filled with proteins, vitamins and minerals, the nourishing yogurt and egg facial mask for acne and scarring is suitable for all skin types. Eggs have toning, tightening and astringent properties that help to heal acne too. When preparing a yogurt and egg face mask for acne, only use the white of the egg because it has many proteins and amino acids. Mix two tablespoons of yogurt with one egg white and stir the mixture until it is evenly distributed throughout.
How To Apply The Face Mask For Acne Scars Correctly
It is important that you apply a face mask for acne scars correctly to experience its amazing benefits. Read through the following steps before you prepare the face mask.
- Step One: Prepare a fresh batch of homemade face mask for acne scars every time you treat your skin.
Step Two: Take a wide brush or a face mask applicator to apply the mask on your face. Don’t forget to wash it thoroughly before using. If you don’t have a brush or applicator, wash your hands and use your fingertips to apply the mask.
- Step Three: Apply the prepared paste to your face and allow it to sit for at least ten to twenty minutes. Once the mask has dried, wash it off with clean lukewarm water. You should use the face mask for acne scars only once or twice a week.
- Step Four: You can cut two thin slices of cucumber to place over your eyes while the face mask is working to clear your skin.
It is always advisable to try a skin patch test on your arm before using any face mask for acne scars. If you develop an excessive tingling or burning sensation soon after applying the mask, wash it off immediately.
Using a homemade face mask to fade acne scars will help to reduce the intensity of acne scars on your face. However, face masks may not prove to be effective for everyone. While some may find their skin glowing and clear with this treatment, others may not see any difference even after months of applying face masks.
There are many other safe alternatives to cure your acne and scars. You can try natural treatments such as DermeffaceFX7, which is designed specifically for acne-prone and sensitive skin to help cure acne and the resulting scars effectively.