Pimples are the bane of good skin. The problem with pimples is that they can occur in spite of your best efforts to curb and eliminate them. They appear on the face, neck, shoulders and even on the back. As they affect your appearance, you may experience embarrassment and reduced self-confidence.
Are you wondering how to get rid of pimple scars? If you are, the quickest and healthiest way to do so is through natural methods. Going the natural way keeps your skin safe from harmful chemicals, while ensuring that you still get rid of the acne scars left behind as soon as possible.
Let’s find out more about the ways to remove acne scars.
1. Don’t Interfere With Your Pimples
Before you can start treating your pimples, you need to follow this simple piece of advice. You must stop yourself from touching, poking, picking or squeezing your zits. Apart for the treatments, you need to let your acne remain as it is. Even when you are applying pastes and creams for getting rid of the acne, you need to remain gentle.
The fact is that acne results in the inflammation of your facial skin. There will be a loss of collagen, as well. Of course, collagen is responsible for ensuring the elasticity of your skin. Whenever you are touching or poking the acne, the inflammation is increased, further resulting in skin injuries.
At the same time, squeezing will push the bacteria and other debris of the pimple further into the skin. More collagen is lost, which results in deeper scars and the next set of pimples will be even worse.
So, the best way to make acne less of a problem is by ignoring it.
2. Soothe Your Skin with Therapeutic Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a remarkable plant. Its leaves are potent sources of vitamins that can help in healing your skin. They can also help to fade blemishes. Moreover, the gel from the aloe vera leaves is gentle. As a result, it will not irritate or damage the skin in any way. Aloe vera is also an efficient natural moisturizer, which helps your skin look and feel healthier.
You can most certainly find aloe vera gel in the market. In order to derive the best benefits out of this plant, use the leaves while they are still fresh. Break off a small piece of an aloe vera leaf.
You should peel the outer layer away, so that the actual gel is exposed. Rub the exposed side of the leaf on your skin gently and massage it. Leave the gel remain on your skin for around 30 minutes before you wash it off.
Let’s find out more on how to remove pimple scars with natural ingredients.
3. Mix It Up With Baking Soda to Heal Pimple Scars
Baking soda is a commonly found item in kitchen cabinets and comes with innumerable uses. It can also be beneficial for the treatment of acne, as it can improve the healing process of the scars and blemishes. Chemically, baking soda is sodium bicarbonate crystals that are capable of exfoliating the skin gently.
Make a Baking Soda Scrub
In order to derive the benefits of this compound, you need to make a scrub. This is how you can use baking soda:
- Take two teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with water. The water content should be enough to make a thick paste.
- Massage this paste into the areas of the skin affected by acne and scars.
- Leave the paste to dry for a few minutes after application. This helps in cleansing the pores to prevent further pimples.
- Wash off the paste with lukewarm water.
- Apply a natural moisturizer like olive oil or coconut oil.
To enjoy the best results, use this treatment on a daily basis. If you think you are caught with lots of work and are unable to use natural remedies, you can use the advance scar removal technology from dermeffaceFX7. The blend of antioxidants, active nutrients and moisturizers make it a wonderful removal treatment for scars.
Want to know how to get rid of pimple scars on your face with cucumber? Keep reading.
4. Cool Off Your Skin Inflammation With Cucumber Slices
Cucumbers are popular in natural facial treatments. They contain a range of potential benefits for the skin after all. Here are some of the benefits your skin will enjoy when you are using cucumbers for treating your pimple scars:
- Cucumbers have a water content of 90 percent, allowing them to hydrate your skin.
- They possess astringent properties, which help in controlling and curing acne. At the same time, they will reduce redness and scars.
- Cucumbers can cool the skin and reduce inflammation.
- They are rich in various minerals and vitamins, which boost the health of the skin.
- They can remove the dirt, bacteria, oil and dead skin cells from the skin completely.
There are different ways you can use cucumbers to remove acne marks; however, the easiest method is as follows:
- Cut a few slices of cucumber. Thinner slices work better.
- Place each slice over the scarred and pimpled areas of your skin.
- Let them remain for 30 minutes, after which you can throw them away.
- Wash off with cool water. You can repeat this treatment daily.
5. Let Your Skin Enjoy the Goodness of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the best natural moisturizers. It is full of fatty acids, such as caprylic acid and lauric acid. Your body metabolizes these acids into powerful agents that possess antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. As a result, coconut oil can fight the underlying causes of acne and bring it under control. For best results, use virgin coconut oil in this way:
- Take a quarter of a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil.
- Let it rest on your hand, so that it can melt as it reaches body temperature.
- Massage the oil directly on the affected regions of the skin with your fingers.
- Let the oil be soaked in.
- You do not need to wash away the oil, as it will keep helping out your skin as long as possible.
- However, if you do feel the need for getting rid of the oil, you can do so with the help of a natural cleanser. Make sure that you leave the oil on your skin for 30 minutes first.
Do you think potatoes are only good as chips? Read on and find out how to get rid of pimple scars with them.
6. Potatoes Work as Skin Whiteners and More
Potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals, which can promote the health and the healing processes of your skin. They are especially beneficial for oily skin that tends to be a greater risk of developing acne. There are two ways you can use potatoes as a treatment for pimples and the scars they leave behind:
- Potato Slice Mask: Take a potato and cut some slices from it. The slices should be thin and fresh, so that they still have some juice. Place each slice over the areas of your skin which have been affected by the presence of pimples and scars. Let the slices remain for around 30 minutes. Afterwards, throw away the slices and wash your face with warm water.
- Potato Slice Massage: Cut thicker slices of a potato. Massage the affected regions of your skin with these slices, gently and apply the potato juice liberally on the spots. Let the juice sit for at least half an hour before washing with warm water. This treatment works well when used daily.
Lemons do not only make tangy lemonade. Discover how to get rid of acne scars with them.
7. The Tangy Effect: Lemons as an Acne Scar Treatment
When it comes to natural treatments, only a few fruits are as versatile as lemons. In fact, it can be a powerful way for getting rid of acne scars and improve the health of your skin. Lemon juice is a potent source of alpha-hydroxy acid that helps in the skin in multiple ways. It can revitalize the skin, promote the healing process and fade the scars.
In order to use lemon juice for your pimple treatment, follow the given process:
- Cut a lemon and extract the juice. Using fresh juice is vital, as it still retains its beneficial properties.
- If you have sensitive skin, dilute the juice with a bit of water.
- Dab a cotton ball into the juice and apply it lightly over the pimple scars and acne.
- Let the juice dry completely on your skin.
- Use cool water to wash your face.
- Apply a natural moisturizer.
You should perform this treatment at least twice a week. If your skin is not overly sensitive, you can apply lemon juice every other day too.
Outdoor Advice: You also need to remember that your skin will become more sensitive to sunlight and UV radiation after the application of lemon juice. Therefore, avoid direct sunlight after the treatment.
Don’t stop if you want to know how to get rid of pimple scars fast.
8. Getting Rid of Acne Scars with Revitalizing Honey
Honey is an excellent natural moisturizer. At the same time, it possesses a number of nutrients, which can benefit the health of the skin. It is also a therapeutic ingredient to use in your acne treatment. However, you should always use raw honey. Avoid using the processed honey which you commonly see in groceries. Processed ones can have the opposite reaction and worsen your pimples.
There are different ways you can use honey.
- The simplest and easiest way would be to use it on its own. Take a small amount of raw honey and apply it over the acne scars. Let it remain for some time before washing it off.
Alternatively, you can use other ingredients with honey to make face packs. They can prove to be more beneficial for your pimples. Here are some possible combinations you can try:
- Add ground cinnamon to honey. This face pack can cleanse your pores better.
- Make a face pack out of honey, milk and turmeric powder. This combination can benefit your skin greatly. Use it as a complete face pack.
- Prepare fresh apple pulp and add honey to create a paste. It will be an effective and delicious exfoliation preparation.
- Mix honey and aloe vera juice. This combination can decrease acne scars greatly.
- Blend honey, yogurt and lemon juice and make a lotion. This lotion can cleanse your face and moisturize it.
Sugar is sweet, but bitter for acne. Use it to get rid of acne scars. Keep reading to find out how.
9. Sweet Relief: How to Remove Pimple Scars with Sugar
Sugar can be an outstanding exfoliation agent, making it perfect for a homemade scrub. However, using raw sugar can be more beneficial. Sugar contains glycolic acid, which is capable of removing dead skin cells, while promoting cell regeneration.
Here are two preparations of sugar scrubs which will help in acne scar removing:
Lemon Sugar Scrub
- Two tablespoons of raw cane sugar
- One tablespoon of virgin oil.
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients.
- Add lemon juice, so that the mixture resembles a scrub. It should not become too watery.
- Apply this scrub to the areas with pimples and scars.
- Let the scrub remain for 15 minutes before washing it off and then apply moisturizer.
- Leave a gap of two to three days between each successive treatment.
Milk and Sugar Scrub
- One tablespoon of milk powder
- One tablespoon of honey
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- Mix them up and scrub the mixture on the affected regions for a few minutes. Wash it off after a few minutes.
10. Egg Whites Can Get Rid of That Pimple Scar, Too
Egg whites are another natural product, which is beneficial for treating acne and pimples. They are capable of lightening the scars and marks left behind by pimples. Some of the rejuvenating properties are:
- Egg whites are mild astringents, which can prevent further pimples.
- Eggs contain lysozyme, an enzyme that can destroy the bacteria responsible for acne.
- The proteins and amino acids present in egg whites can soak up the oil in the skin leading to fewer breakouts.
You can use raw egg whites for an easy pimple treatment. Use a fresh egg for better results. You can use up to three eggs for a complete face mask.
Egg Face Mask
Make this quick and easy egg mask tonight:
- Break the egg carefully, so that it becomes easier to separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Whisk the egg whites and apply it all over your face concentrating on the areas which have pimple marks.
- Let it dry on your skin for about 15 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash it off. Use it as an overnight mask.
- For best results, use this treatment regularly.
Are you interested in discovering how to get rid of pimple scars with a popular food used in curries? Find out here.
11. Remove Acne Scars with Tasty Tomatoes
Tomatoes are a rich source of multiple nutrients, which can benefit the skin and protect it from acne. Here’s why:
- Their vitamin A content can heal the skin and boost the growth of new cells.
- Tomatoes eliminate scars, as well.
- Tomatoes can close the pores, so that bacteria and dirt are unable to accumulate.
- They can also balance the pH levels of the skin.
Fresh Tomato Scar Treatment
For using tomatoes in treating pimples, the best option would be to make tomato pulp.
- Blend one tomato.
- Apply fresh pulp over the pimples and acne scars.
- Keep it there for 20 minutes before washing with tepid water.
Be Creative: You can enhance the goodness of this face pack by adding other ingredients, such as cucumbers or avocados. Make a paste with any of those ingredients and use it as a face mask. A mixture of oatmeal, tomato and lemon juice can also be beneficial.
12. How to Get Rid of Pimple Marks with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a refreshing ingredient in cosmetic products, as it can benefit the body in many ways. You can use it for treating acne too. Some of the skin benefits that this oil are:
- Tea tree oil has antimicrobial, antifungal and antiseptic properties, which eliminates the bacteria on the skin resulting in fewer outbreaks.
- Since this oil can penetrate the skin deeply, it can unblock the glands and clear the pores. As a result, acne is less likely to occur.
- Tea tree oil is capable of removing the damaged cells and improving the overall health.
- It can control the oil production in the skin, making it less likely for pimples to break out.
How to Get Rid of Pimple Scars Overnight with Tea Tree Oil
Make this quick and easy tea tree oil scar remedy:
- Apply tea tree oil on the acne with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it remain for a few hours or overnight. In order to improve the impact, you can add other ingredients such as aloe vera or yogurt.
There are more ways on how to get rid of acne. Keep reading and discover all of them.
13. Get Rid Of Acne Scars with Fragrant and Cooling Sandalwood
For thousands of years, people are using sandalwood as a face pack for its cooling and reviving properties, such as:
- It helps to protect the skin from acne while making it healthier.
- It is an antiseptic, which protects the skin from further damage by the acne bacteria.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties decrease the inflammation of the skin while, as an astringent it closes the pores to prevent further pimples.
Here is how to use sandalwood on your face:
You can use sandalwood on its own or as a combination with other ingredients.
For best results, prepare the fresh sandalwood paste for every treatment.
- A pure sandal wood stick
- A few drops of rose water
- Prepare a paste by rubbing a stick of sandalwood on sandstone.
- Use a bit of rosewater to make the paste.
- Apply it on your pimples and acne scarring.
- Let the paste dry off completely before washing it off.
Note: If you have authentic sandalwood powder, just mix it with rose water to prepare paste.
14. A Seedy Business: Fenugreek Seeds as Pimple Treatment
Fenugreek seeds calm the skin by eliminating inflammation. At the same time, they ensure that the formation of acne is curbed because of their high antioxidant levels.
Fenugreek Seed Paste
Here’s how to make a paste out of these healthy seeds:
- Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- Boil fenugreek seeds over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Once they have boiled, grind the seeds into a paste.
- Apply the paste to the scars and acne, and let it dry for approximately 20 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash it off.
Instead of the seeds, you can also use fenugreek leaves. Make sure that leaves are fresh. Blend or grind the leaves into a paste. Use paste only on the affected areas or all over your face. Let it dry before washing it off.
By now, you must have gotten the answer to how to get rid of pimple scars naturally. However, keep on reading as there are a few more effective tips left.
15. How to Get Rid of Pimple Scars with Olive Oil
Olive oil contains a range of nutrients such as vitamin E and antioxidants. Olive oil does not clog pores and, therefore, it does not cause acne.
The nutrients of olive oil help the healing process in the skin and reduce the pimple scar and acne as a result. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
You can massage olive oil directly on to the skin. Here is how:
- Apply and massage a very thin layer of this oil before going to sleep.
- Let it remain overnight and wash your face in the morning.
Sunny Olive Oil Wash
- Take one teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Make a mixture with the two ingredients.
- Use a cotton ball to dab the acne regions with it.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes before you wash it off.
Note: Make sure that you use fresh lemon juice for this recipe.
Read on to discover the secret and ancient method on how to get rid of pimple marks.
16. How to Get Rid of Acne Scars with Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory substances found in nature. Thanks to this property, turmeric can soothe your skin when acne erupts. It is also an antiseptic and possesses antimicrobial properties. Therefore, it can not only destroy the bacteria causing pimples, but also protect the skin from further attacks.
Turmeric Powder Face Mask
Use turmeric powder paste as a face mask for best results:
- A few drops milk
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- Mix both ingredients together to prepare paste.
- Use this paste all over your face.
- Let it dry for around 20 minutes before you wash it off. For best results, you should follow this regiment twice in a day.
Note: You can make a face pack with turmeric powder, milk, honey and rosewater. Otherwise, prepare a paste with turmeric powder and yogurt.
Acne may be a major problem for most people, thus leading to questions like how to get rid of pimple scars. However, the right treatment eliminates pimples and decreases your susceptibility significantly. Natural ingredients can ensure both.