Lemon juice is regarded as a natural bleaching agent which can effectively reduce the appearance of blemishes on the skin and soften acne scars in just a few weeks.
What Are The Benefits Of Lemon Juice For Your Skin?
Below are a few of the amazing benefits of using lemon juice on the skin:
- Treats Acne: The antibacterial properties of lemon juice help to heal acne by drying up the spots and preventing future breakouts. Lemon juice also works to cure blackheads and reduces their frequency and severity.
- Fade Acne Scars: Lemon juice helps to lighten acne scars, improve discoloration and treat certain skin disorders. It is acidic in nature and removes the dead skin cells to get rid of acne scars. It also lightens blemishes and hyperpigmentation marks on the skin.
- Lightens Body Scars: If you have blemishes, scars or age spots on multiple areas of your body, run a lukewarm bath and add half a cup of lemon juice to the water. Soak in the bath for at least twenty minutes. This will also help to lighten acne scars on your chest, neck and back.
It is not necessary to rinse your body after a lemon water soak. However, you can apply a moisturizer if your skin feels too dry.
- Exfoliation: Lemon juice acts as a natural exfoliant because of the presence of citric acid, and it removes the top layer of dead skin cells. Regular application of lemon juice lightens acne scars and results in a clear and smooth complexion.
- Moisturiser: Lemon juice moisturizes and tones your skin in addition to making it clearer and brighter. It also smoothens your skin by fighting wrinkles and fine lines.
How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars Using Lemon Juice
There are various different ways to use lemon juice on your skin. You should find the right combination of ingredients that best suits your skin condition and skin type. Below are a few popular and effective lemon juice recipes:
- Lemon Juice, Sugar And Honey Scrub
You will need two tablespoons of honey, one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and one and a half tablespoons of sugar.
The honey should be 100 percent organic. You can use freshly squeezed lemon juice and either extra virgin olive oil or another oil of your choice.
Sugar can be white or brown depending on your preference.Mix all the ingredients and stir thoroughly. You can store the resulting mixture in a glass container for one month.
It is recommended that you prepare small batches of this scrub because fresher is better. When applying on the face, be gentle since harsh scrubbing may aggravate your acne.This scrub is one of the effective ways to lighten acne scars on your chest, neck and back as well.
- Lemon Juice, Yogurt and Turmeric Powder Face Mask
Mix one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder to one tablespoon of yogurt and add a few drops of lemon juice. Stir the mixture to form a paste. Apply this paste to your face and neck and leave it for fifteen to twenty minutes.
Use a damp lukewarm washcloth to rinse off the mask.Turmeric can leave a stain on any substance including your clothes so wear something that you don’t mind staining.
You can apply this face mask daily.Regular application of this mask makes your skin tone brighter and helps to lighten acne scars.
Tips On How To Effectively Use Lemon Juice To Lighten Acne Scars
Here are some tips and warnings for using lemon juice on your skin:
- Dry Skin: Lemon juice reduces oiliness in the skin and fades acne scars naturally. However, when applied to already dry skin, it can cause excessive dryness.
Thus, people with dry skin should use a good moisturizer after applying lemon juice to the skin. Adding honey to lemon juice also helps to curb excessive dryness caused by using lemon juice alone.
- Burning Sensation: The citric acid present in lemon juice may cause a stinging or burning sensation on your skin after its application.
The sensation, however, subsides after a few seconds. If the stinging is very uncomfortable, you can dilute the lemon juice with equal amounts of water or rosewater.
- Use Sensibly: You should observe the changes brought about by applying lemon juice to your skin. It will lighten acne scars on face and brighten your skin’s complexion. However, if you find that your skin is becoming dry and flaky, use it only every other day. The results may take longer to appear, but you will be protected from unwanted side effects.
- Prevent Overexposure To The Sun: Using lemon juice on your skin makes it sensitive to sunlight because the citric acid present in lemon juice strips off the upper layers of the skin to reveal a fresh skin layer. This new layer of skin can be easily affected by the sun’s UV rays, leading to sunburns and pigmentation. Thus, it is preferable to apply the lemon juice before going to bed and protect your face during the day by using a high SPF sunscreen.
- Other Topical Treatments: If you are using topical treatments along with lemon juice to lighten acne scars, make sure to find out the ingredients contained in the topical treatments. Do not apply a topical skin cream and lemon juice simultaneously. It is always best to consult your dermatologist to rule out any chances of side effects that may occur by using the two treatments together.
Detoxify Your Body With Lemon Water
Rich in citric acid, lemon water is an effective body cleanser. Many people drink a tall glass of lemon water first thing in the morning. It is one of the best ways to keep your body and skin healthy. It also helps to lighten acne scars fast while preventing future bouts of acne. There are many other benefits of drinking lemon water such as:
- It aids in weight loss
- It helps in detoxifying the body by removing toxins
- It cures nausea
- It treats respiratory problems
- It purifies the liver, and
- It clears the bowels.
If you are unable to drink lemon water in the morning, you can consume lemon juice by mixing it into fruit salads, juices and your meals to make it more delicious and healthy as well.
Lemon is a tried and tested herbal remedy to clear your skin of acne scars. However, if you are unable to follow this treatment regularly, using a natural topical treatment like DermeffaceFX7 is the perfect solution.