Scar fading products have hit the beauty market because of the millions of individuals who want their scar and / or scars to somehow fade away.
The truth of the matter is that scars cannot disappear completely.
The only thing that people who have scars can do is to lighten the scarred area by using products and going through certain treatments to help it fade out in color and possibly make it smaller than it really is.
What you have to remember is that with the several scar fading cream(s), oils, lotions and treatments there are only a handful that are safe and also effective to use for the skin.
There are some products and procedures that might do the trick of lightening the scar but it could cause damage to the skin’s layers. That is the problem with many products and treatments for scars and that is why you have to be knowledgeable about all the facts.
What Is A Scar?
A scar is the mark that is left on the skin after a wound or injury to the skin starts to heal. This can depend on a number of factors of course such as genetics, the severity and depth of the wound and many others.
Once a person has an injury on their skin, the entire body works in collaboration with one another to help heal the wound. The body starts to create a tough fiber to give strength to the skin called collagen which reconnects the broken tissues from the wound.
Part of the process is when a scab is created to protect the injury from bacteria and other germs as it heals itself.
As the wound starts healing, the scab then dries up and eventually falls off after some time.
This is the time when a scar could appear or not. A scar can start off as a pale, pinkish or brownish structure over the skin.
Why Do People Get Scars?
There are a number of reasons why people could develop a scar. First and foremost, there are certain individuals that might be more prone to scars than others. This might be because of genetics. Other reasons why people might develop a scar are the following:
- The skin was damaged deeply and the layers beneath the surface were also affected (the deeper the wound the higher the risk of a scar developing)
- A wound might be located in an area where the skin is frequently touched or moved around too much such as the ankle or knees
What Should People Do If They Are Unhappy About Their Scar Marks?
If you have a scar that you are not happy about, you should tell your skin doctor about what your options are. They are more commonly known as a dermatologist. They have the knowledge behind how to make scars less noticeable. Like mentioned, scars cannot be completely erased. The only real thing that could happen is to make the scar or scars less visible.
There is no product or treatments that will give you skin its look after it has been wounded or injured.
How Can People Prevent Scars?
There are some scars that are a bit harder to prevent especially if scar formation runs in the family. Surgeries and chicken pox could also cause scars. But in other cases, there are certain ways to prevent scars. Here are some safety tips to remember:
- Take care of your skin and stay away from objects that could scratch and / or stab you
- Where protective gear during tasks that you could possible hurt yourself
- If you already have a wound, wash it out immediately, put topical antibiotics on it and place a bandaid or gauze on it to keep bacteria out
- Let wounds heal without touching or picking at it
- If you feel like your wound is deep, go ahead and see a doctor because you might require stiches
What Scar Fading Cream Works Safely And Effectively?
You could try asking your skin doctor about scar fade creams that work at its best. A certain product that is dermatologist recommended is Dermefface FX7 which you could ask them about.
It works for all types of scars from the minor ones to the more serious ones.
It contains ingredients such as anti-oxidants, moisturizers and other active ingredients.
It helps in the healing process and increases the production of normal cells which could replace the cells that are scarred.
There are also other creams and oils that you could ask your skin doctor about that work safely and effectively for all types of scars.
What Other Treatments Could I Try Out For Removing Scars?
Besides scar fading cream, oils and lotions, there are also other treatments that you could consider when it comes to lessening scar marks. But one thing you have to remember is that there is no single treatment for scars.
People have different skin types and some treatments that may work for some people may not work for others. But there are many methods to improve your skin and such treatments and procedures are:
- Laser beam treatments are very well known for helping scars lessen in appearance
- Radiofrequency devices and pulsed light sources help in the creation of new skin without causing more damage to other layers of the skin
- Dermabrasion is a procedure that takes off the surface layer of the skin by using a wire brush. The scars that are superficial could be removed while the deeper scars may appear less visible
- Surgery is another procedure to consider especially for scars that are a bit more serious compared to other ones but it could a bit more pricey compared to other treatments and procedures
If you could see, there are many products and treatments that could help lessen the appearance of scars.
Such products available in the market today are scar fading creams, oils and lotions. Procedures are also helpful in lessening scars in different areas of the body.