Whether it’s from an injury or accident, surgery or even acne, scars are something almost everyone has to deal with. And unfortunately for many, scars are meant to stay for good.
But the advancement of technology and the people’s better and deeper understanding on how the human body works paved way to solutions that can make scars disappear.
But did you know that scars are in fact a sign of how the skin heals miraculously? Still, just the mere thought of looking at it can be annoying. The good news is there is a product that can help you get rid, if not minimize it: scar gel.
Read on to find out how gel scar treatment works, how to use it properly and effectively and tips in choosing the best scar gel for you.
How Does a Scar Gel Work?
Like any other scar removal treatments, scar gel aims to reduce the appearance of scars. At the same time, it helps in the tissue recovery and healing after your body went through a traumatic stage. This is because scar gels are packed with essential ingredients and antioxidants that are known to minimize scars.
Silicone is an important ingredient that helps reduce scars. It contains skin healing ingredients and antioxidants that speed up the healing process and prevent scar formation. Aside from this, there are other ingredients that stimulate and normalize collagen production which can help reduce the appearance of scars.
Other essential ingredients that make scar gel works are:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Oil extracts
- Onion extract
- Hydroquinone with 2% concentration
What is The Proper Way To Use Scar Treatment Gel?
Gel scar treatment has been among the popular scar removal products these days.
While laser treatment or surgical procedure are made available to public, a lot of people chose to go for over the counter scar treatment gels or sheets in the hopes of making their scars go away. However, applying the gel on the scarred areas does not end there.
If you want to enjoy optimum results, here are the 4 tips on how to use scar gel properly:
- Consistency is The Key. To make the product effective, the scar gel must be applied on the scars as often as possible. It takes about 12 weeks before you see an improvement in your scars and constantly applying the gel twice a day everyday will give you the results you want. Using the product sporadically will bring you nowhere and will make the gel less effective.
- scar tissue and eventually improve the appearance of the scar. In doing so, massage the scar in a circular motion for at least 3-5 minutes.
- The more is Not Necessarily The Better. People will always have a notion that putting too many gels on the affected areas can bring faster results. Unfortunately, that is not the case. In fact, applying a thin layer on the scar that is sufficient enough to cover it can already work. Any excess must be wiped away with a tissue.
- The Scar Gel Comes First. If you are planning to wear a makeup or sunscreen, then make sure to apply the gel first. Remember that the effectiveness of scar gel depends heavily on the ability to have a direct contact with the skin. If you apply other products first, it may act as a barrier to the scar gel, making it less effective. Plus, putting the gel first will also make it easier to apply makeup or any other products on your skin.
4 Tips On How to Choose The Best Scar Gel.
With the abundance of creams, gels, lotions and other types of scar removal products, choosing not just the best but also the right one for your scars can be difficult.
Here are some of the things you need to remember in choosing a scar treatment.
- Identify Your Skin Type. Keep in mind that no one is alike. In fact, a scar gel that works for you may not work for other people. Hence, determining first your skin type – oily, dry, sensitive, normal or combination – can make it easier for you to narrow down your choices.
- Start Your Search. Again, there are tons of products that promise to make you scar-free. Look into your available options and start your research. Check out the reputable brands, read customer reviews about the products or even visit a store where various scar removal products are sold.
- Avail Of a Tester. Most reputable brands offer tester products at a cheaper price. Take advantage of this by using the product for at least two weeks. Observe any changes in your skin and see if it is causing more skin problems. If yes, move on to the next scar gel. You can also go for products that offer a money back guarantee in case testers are not available. This way, ou won’t be wasting your money on something that does not work.
- Stick to One Product. Unless it is not helping with your scar problems, stick to one product.
Frequent switching may not be good for your scars and can cause more issues than solving one. Keep in mind that scar gels can take a few weeks (or even months) before you see noticeable results. And when it comes to skin care, slow and steady is preferred over drastic changes.
Finding the best scar gel to remove your scars can be frustrating. If you are tired of trial and error and wasting your money on scar products that don’t work, then it’s time to make a switch to Dermefface FX7 scar removal cream.
Dermefface can reduce the appearance of all types of scars, thanks to its ultimate ‘scar-fade’ technology.
It fast tracks the healing of your skin by pushing the scarred cells to the surface of the skin and allows the new and healthy cells to emerge. At the same time, it promotes the re-growth of healthy skin by normalizing the production of collagen.
Why hide when there is something you can do about your scars? Try Dermefface scar gel and you can never go wrong.